We are working with the humanitarian community to co-create standards to guide the provision of quality learning and assessment for humanitarian practitionersBioforce has partnered with RedR and Pearson, with funding and support from the Humanitarian Leadership Academy, to facilitate the creation of standards for the provision of learning and assessment within the humanitarian sector.
Thanks to a global, collabortive effort, we are very pleased to share with you the pilot draft of the Assessment and Learning Provider Standards:
- Assessment Provider Standards (English)
- Proveedor de validacion de competencias, normas para la acción humanitaria (Español)
- Standards des prestataires d’évaluation des compétences pour l'Action humanitaire (Français)
- Learning Provider Standards (English)
- Proveedor de aprendizaje, normas para la acción humanitaria (Español)
- Standards des prestataires de formation pour l'Action humanitaire(Français)
To support organisations piloting the Standards, the team has been hard at work drafting the accompanying guidance and support material which are also very pleased to share with you:
- Assessment Provider Handbook (English)
- Manual del proveedor de validación de competencias (Español)
- Manuel des prestataires d'évaluation des compétences humanitaires(Francais)
- Humanitarian learning provider standard handbook (English)
- Manual del proveedor de aprendizaje (Español)
- Manuel des prestataires de formation humanitaire (Francais)
A group of early adopters are now piloting the Standards, including local, national and international NGOs, learning and assessment providers for humanitarian action, and academic institutions. The piloting phase will run from May to September 2018.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED?
Why develop global humanitarian learning and assessment standards?
These standards provide relevant criteria to measure the quality of learning provision. They can be used by learning providers as a basis for verifying their performance and to guide improvements.
They are designed for use by organisations, companies, departments and institutes providing learning services to anyone involved in humanitarian action.
Learning providers that meet these standards are contributing to an overarching commitment that people involved in humanitarian action have access to quality learning programmes that will enable them to operate more effectively.
This work is part of the broader HPass initiative.
Bringing the proposal to life
How do I get involved?
If you have any feedback about the Standards, please complete the online feedback form by followink this link.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
In the meantime, help us share the Standards and spread the word about these exciting developments in assessment and learning in the humanitarian sector!
is an education organisation that helps charities to have a social impact through learning.
Humanitarian Leadership Academy
is a global learning initiative set up to facilitate partnerships and collaborative opportunities to enable people to prepare and respond to crises in their own countries.
is a non-profit organisation that provides training, support and accredited certification to national and international crisis response stakeholders, both individuals and organisations.